ESS ES1968 Maestro-2 Sound Card Driver VXD0293 14,997 downloads. Sound Card ESS AUDIO. Windows ME, Windows 9X. Dec 14th 2007, 14:01 GMT.
For the sound card to work properly in MS-DOS, the MS-DOS drivers must be downloaded and the autoexec.bat and config.sys must have lines specified within them. The lines in the autoexec.bat may look similar to:
- An updated driver might enable new features for the hardware, something we see on a regular basis with popular video cards and sound cards. It usually takes around 15 minutes to update a driver in Windows, even less time if the driver is self-installable or you get it via Windows Update (more on all of that below).
- Try updating audio card drivers and the BIOS for your computer if no sound card is being detected. In some cases, the software on your computer may be outdated. Download updated drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website, or contact the manufacturer directly if you require further assistance with updating the BIOS or audio card drivers.
The example line above is specifying where the creative labs sound card drivers are located.
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 E620 T6
The example line above is specifying the sound card settings. Below is a list of each of the important settings and what they represent:
- A220 = The Input/Output Range
- I5 = Interrupt Request
- D1 = Direct Memory Access
Drivers Lumanate Sound Cards & Media Devices Download
The above settings are used with most sound cards. If you are unsure of your settings when configuring a sound card in an MS-DOS game, we recommend you try the three settings above before changing anything else.
If you are still uncertain of how to configure your sound card, we recommend you contact your computer manufacturer or view our sound card drivers page.
Drivers Lumanate Sound Cards & Media Devices Without
- See our sound card definition for further information and related links.